GSAPP News - Full List
- Read this week's GSAPP Gazette
- Dr. Milton Schwebel, passed away on October 3rd 2013. Dr. Schwebel, was a former Dean of the GSE (Graduate School of Education), and a GSAPP faculty member
- Dr. Arnold A. Lazarus passed away on October 1st, 2013. Dr Lazarus was a GSAPP faculty member who came to Rutgers in 1972.
- Angelica Diaz Martinez, (Clinical, 1998), recently gave three interviews at the Telemundo TV station. Congratulations Angelica for giving voice to psychology within the Hispanic community
- Moms feel anxiety, but why wine won’t help, Rosalind Dorlen (Clinical, 1977), posted to www.yourmindyourbody.org, 6/28/2013
- The Pingry School is now a member of GSAPP’s newly-formed School Psychology Internship Consortium, developed by the School Psychology Training Program, Dr Karen Haboush and Dr. Susan Forman.
- Rutgers University and Tyler Clementi Foundation Create Center Dedicated to Serving Vulnerable Youth, Rutgers Today, 2/4/2013
- Rutgers Receives $1.5 Million Gift for Chair in Adult Autism as Part of ‘Our Rutgers, Our Future’ Campaign, Rutgers Today, 2/1/2013
- Roger Peterson, author of 'How to Handle a Crisis: Meditations of a Crisis Counselor', will donate a portion of the sales of each book to support continuation of the Peterson Prize.
- Brad Lerman (Organizational, 2003), Director of the Inclusive Schools Climate Initiative Bullying Prevention Institute, was appointed by Governor Christie to the NJ Anti-Bullying Task Force
- Rutgers Project Offers Mentoring to Teens in Foster Care, Rutgers Focus, 8/2012, Robin Lang (Clinical, 1993), Director of the Foster Care Project
- Dr. Kelly Brownell (Rutgers Ph.D., 1977), has won the 2012 American Psychological Association Award for Outstanding Lifetime Contributions to Psychology. He was also awarded the 2012 APA Award for Distinguished Scientific Applications to Psychology. (read more)
- Rutgers Program Improves College Life for Students on the Autism Spectrum, Rutgers Focus 3/12/2012, DDDC
- Rutgers Alumna Finds New Career on Capitol Hill, Rutgers Focus 3/12/2012, Judy Glassgold (Clinical, 1989)
- Rutgers' Bullying Prevention Institute Pitches in with New Jersey School Districts, Rutgers
Focus, February 6, 2012, GSAPP's Bullying Prevention Institute, Brad Lerman (Organizational, 2003)
- The Power of Appreciation, Rutgers Focus, November 21, 2011, Nancy Fagley
- Rutgers Professors Enlist Play to Help Children Cope with Chronic Illness, ADHD, Rutgers Focus, November 1, 2011, Linda Reddy
- Undergraduate Class taught through GSAPP, 'Introduction to Clinical and School Psychology'
- Do You Suffer from Triskaidekaphobia? Rutgers Today, May 9th, 2011, Mike Petronko
- Charlie Maher will be retiring from GSAPP at the end of June, 2011
- NEW on-line alumni database and referral database
- Trauma in Aid Workers a Growing Concern, Rutgers Focus, April 7, 2011, Monica Indart (Clinical, 1994)
- Rutgers Psychologist Bound for 'Sesame Street' to Join Resilience Project, Rutgers Focus, April 7, 2011, Geraldine Oades-Sese
- A New Intervention for Depressed Teens, Rutgers Focus, January 20, 2011, Jami Young
- New Undergraduate Class taught through GSAPP, 'Introduction to Clinical and School Psychology'
- Time to Rethink School Suspensions?, Rutgers Focus, November 19, 2010, Jennifer Jones (2nd year, School)
- A Promising Treatment for Borderline Personality Disorder, Rutgers Today, October 15th 2010, Shireen Rizvi
- Out of College, Money Spent, Rutgers Magazine, Fall 2010. Karen Riggs Skean (1985, Clinical), Maureen Hudak (1988, Clinical)
- Bullying is a Public Health Threat, Rutgers Experts Say, Rutgers Today, May 12, 2010. Maurice Elias, Anne Gregory, Brad Lerman (2003, Organizational).
- Cruel Intentions, CBS News, April 29, 2010. Roz Dorlan (1997, Clinical)
- Family planning: N.J. budget cuts threaten poor women's health care, NJ.com, April 2010. Elizabeth Schroeder, Answer.
- People with Binge Eating Disorder Find Relief Through Psychotherapy and Guided Self-Help, Study Finds, Rutgers Focus, February 2010, Dr. Terry Wilson
- The Case Against ‘Abstinence-Only’ Sex Education Programs, Rutgers Focus, February 2010, Elizabeth Schroeder, Answer.
- Couple’s Mission: End the Stigma of Mental Illness, Rutgers Focus, February 2010, Franks Fund For Research on Stigma
- Sorority Sisters Say No More ‘Fat Talk’ as They Take Aim at ‘Thin Ideal’, Rutgers Focus, January 2010. Rebecca Greif (3rd year, Clinical)
- Reaching out to Students with Asperger Syndrome, Rutgers Focus, November, 2009. Douglass Developmental Disabilites Center.
- Julian Slowinski's (1975, Clinical) career is highlighted in the October 2009 issue of Comtemporary Sexuality.
- New Pride for Adults with Autism, People Magazine, October. Douglass Developmental Disabilities Center.
- Busting bullies: Parents, educators can get help to cope with abused children. Home News Tribune, March 2009. Dr. Rosalind S. Dorlen (1997 Clinical) will lead the "Bully Busters" program on Tuesday, March 31, at Overlook Hospital in Summit.
- Eye on New York: Stress, March 1, 2009. (Starts at 2.0 minutes) Simon Rego (2001 Clinical)
- Rutgers provides resources, expertise to state Department of Education’s effort to keep schools safe and drug free, Rutgers Focus, February 2009, Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Project Brad Lerman (2003 Organizational)
- A grateful father helps a Rutgers center, Rutgers Focus, December 2008, DDDC
- Putting school research into action, The APA Monitor, November 2008, Susan Forman
- Annual Initiative Promotes Healthy Behaviors, The Daily Targum, October 2008, Rebecca Greif.
- Rutgers counseling program provides help to foster families, Rutgers Focus, October 2008, Robin Lang
- For the love of the game: A psychologist helps his clients finish strong. Monitor on Psychology, July/August 2008. Marshall Mintz (1980 School)
- School Psychology Program received Full Approval from the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), June 2008
- Best in New Jersey: Sports Shrink (Charlie Maher)
New Jersey Monthly - April 2008
- By Teens, For Teens
by Jessica Kitchin (Answer)
New Jersey Monthly - 12/19/2007
- High Anxiety - Young and old are learning to conquer fears by standing up
to them (Brian Chu) Rutgers
Magazine - Spring 2007
- Rutgers program offers treatment and support to families struggling with
Rutgers Focus - 5/9/2007