GSAPP Student Support and Awards
- The Ruth and Mel Schulman Endowed Fellowship is a merit based award that will help deserving graduate students to pursue a PsyD degree at GSAPP unburdened by financial distractions. The award highlights academic distinction, promise as a practitioner, extracurricular involvement, leadership ability, community engagement, future aspirations, and character.
This is a list of the awards that are given out annually at GSAPP. Each awardee receives a framed certificate and a cash award.
- The Deans's Award is presented annually to the student who has done the most to foster and enhance
the quality of life at GSAPP during the academic year.
- The Virginia Bennet Award, given in honor and memory of Virginia Bennett, who chaired the
School Psychology program, is presented annually to a student who evidences dedication to the
use of psychological skills and knowledge to alleviate the problems of minority group children
in coping with the educational process.
- The Cyril Franks Award presented to the graduating student whose doctoral dissertation evidences
outstanding scholarship and reflects GSAPP’s standard of excellence.
- The Robert Weitz Award is presented to the graduating student whose energy, spirit, and enthusiasm
evidence a dedication and willingness to work in the interest of professional psychology
and the people it serves.